News

BREAKING: Buhari, APC end defence in presidential election dispute

Google+ Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr
Spread the love

President Muhammadu Buhari and the All Progressives Congress (APC) have closed their defence in the petition by Atiku Abubakar and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) before the Presidential Election Petition Court (PEPC).

Buhari’s lead lawyer, Wole Olanipekun (SAN) and lead lawyer to the APC, Lateef Fagbemi announced that the 2nd and 3rd respondents (Buhari and APC) were closing their defence in the case.

Buhari called six witnesses and tendered documents between Tuesday and Wednesday.

He was expected to resume his defence today when his lawyer told the court that, having reviewed their case and evidence led so far, they were satisfied that they had done enough to earn victory.

Fagbemi, who spoke later, also spoke in similar vein with Olanipekun and said the 3rd respondent has also decided to close its case.

Details shortly…

Mariam Olaitan is a news writer who gathers and disseminates current happenings around the world.

Write A Comment

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.